LST-139 was laid down on 3 November 1943 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 12 January 1944; and commissioned on 14 February 1944, Lt. Rex C. Gray, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-139 was assigned to the European theater and took part in the invasion of Normandy between 6 and 25 June 1944.
Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 25 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 8 May 1946. On 22 April 1947, she was sold to the McWilliams Dredging Co., of New Orleans, La., for conversion to merchant service.
LST-139 earned one battle star for World War II service.