LST-137 was laid down on 23 October 1943 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 19 December 1943; sponsored by Mrs. J. A. Turek; and commissioned on 26 January 1944.
During World War II, LST-137 was assigned to the European theater and took part in the invasion of Normandy from 6 to 25 June 1944. She was decommissioned on 20 November 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 5 December 1945. On 26 March 1948, she was sold to the Ships & Power Equipment Corp., of Barber, N.J., for scrapping.
LST-137 earned one battle star for World War II service.