LST-134 was laid down on 14 June 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 9 November 1943; sponsored by Miss Marguerite Mark-land; and commissioned on 7 December 1943.
During World War II, LST-134 was initially assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion between 6 and 25 June 1944, and the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. She was later transferred to the Asiatic-Pacific theater of operations where she took part in the Okinawa assault in May and June 1945. Following the war, LST-134 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early February 1946.
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 17 February 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 October 1947. On 20 April 1948, she was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Seattle, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-134 earned three battle stars for World War II service.