LST-131 was laid down on 7 July 1943 at Evans-ville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 19 September 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Kenneth Still; and commissioned on 15 November 1943, Lt. John M. Tully, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-131 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
(a) Capture and occupation of Saipan—June and July 1944
(b) Tinian capture and occupation—July 1944
Western Caroline Islands operation:
(a) Capture and occupation of southern Palau
Islands—September and October 1944 Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 20 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 10 June 1947. On 6 April 1948, she was sold to the Kaiser Co., Inc., of Seattle, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-131 earned three battle stars for World War II