LST-130 was laid down on 5 July 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 13 September 1943; sponsored by Ens. Marjorie M. Wilson, NC; and commissioned on 4 November 1943.
During World War II, LST-130 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
(a) Capture and occupation of Saipan—June and August 1944
Okinawa Gunto operation:
(a) Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—March and April 1945
Following the war, LST-130 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early March 1946. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 10 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 December 1947. On 27 May 1948, she was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Seattle, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-130 earned two battle stars for World War II service.