LST-128 was laid down on 20 June 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 3 September 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Allen H. Dame; and commissioned on 11 October 1943. During World War II, LST-128 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Marshall Islands operation:
(a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls—January and February 1944
(a) Capture and occupation of Saipan—June and July 1944
(b) Tinian capture and occupation—July 1944
Western Caroline Islands operation:
(a).Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands—September and October 1944
Following the war, LST-128 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early March 1946.
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 23 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 17 April 1946.
LST-128 earned four battle stars for World War II services.