LST-127 was laid down on 30 June 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 31 August 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Paul Johnson; and commissioned on 6 October 1943.
During World War II, LST-127 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Marshall Islands operation:
(a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls—January and February 1944
(b) Occupation of Eniwetok Atoll—February 1944
(a) Capture and occupation of Saipan—June and July 1944
(b) Tinian capture and occupation—July 1944
Western Caroline Islands operation:
(a) Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands—September and October 1944
Lingayen landings on Luzon—January 1945
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 11 March 1947 and struck from the Navy list on 10 June 1947. On 11 June 1948, she was sold to Walter W. Johnson Co. for scrapping.
LST-127 earned five battle stars for World War II service.