LST-124 was laid down on 7 June 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 18 August 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Hunt Greathouse; and commissioned on 24 September 1943, Ens. William A. Bartos in command.
During World War II, LST-124 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
(a) Capture and occupation of Saipan—June and July 1944
(b) Tinian capture and occupation—June 1944
Okinawa Gunto operation:
(a) Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—May and June 1945
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 26 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August 1946. On 13 December 1947, she was sold to the Kaiser Co., Inc., of Seattle, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-124. earned three battle stars for World War II service.