LST-123 was laid down on 5 June 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 14 August 1943; sponsored by Mrs. C. B. Enlow; and commissioned on 7 September 1943, Lt. Francis P. Rossiter, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-123 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
(a) Capture and occupation of Guam—July 1944
Leyte landings—October 1944
Lingayen landings in Luzon—January 1945
Following the war, LST-123 was redesignated LSTH-123 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-November 1945.
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 22 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 1 May 1946. On 30 March 1948, she was sold to the Sun Shipbuilding & Drydock Co., of Chester, Pa., for scrapping.
LSTH-123 earned three battle stars for World War II service as LST-123.