LST-119 was laid down on 12 May 1943 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 28 July 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Gilbert Coughlin; and commissioned on 1 September 1943, Lt. (jg.) E. D. Dewar, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-119 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Marshall Islands operation:
(a) Occupation of Kwajalein and MajuroAtollsóJanuary and February 1944
(a) Capture and occupation of SaipanóJune and July 1944
Upon her return to the United States, LST-119 was decommissioned on 13 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. On 17 May 1948, she was sold to Robert H. Beattie, Oil Transport Co., New Orleans, La., for† conversion to non-self-propelled operation.
LST-119 earned two battle stars for World War II service.