LST-82 was laid down on 25 March 1943 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 9 June 1943; sponsored by Mrs. G. D. Kellogg; redesignated ARL-6 on 20 July 1943; and commissioned on 26 July 1943. On 2 August 1943, she was decommissioned and transferred to the United Kingdom as LSE-2. The tank landing ship never saw active service with the United States Navy. She was returned by the United Kingdom on 21 May 1946, and she was struck from the Navy list on 29 October 1946. On 20 August 1947, she was sold to Argentina as Ingeniero Gadda (Q-22) and served that government until she was decommissioned on 25 August 1960. She was sold by the Argentine Navy in 1967.