LST-77 was laid down on 20 February 1943 at Jeffer-sonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 21 April 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Anna Berry; and commissioned on 3 July 1943.
During World War II, LST-77 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Convoy UGS-37—April 1944
Invasion of southern France—August and September 1944
LST-77 was decommissioned on 24 December 1944 and transferred to the United Kingdom. She was returned to the custody of the United States on 12 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. On 7 November 1947, she was sold to Mr. James A. Hughes, of New York, N.Y., for scrapping.
LST-77 earned two battle stars for World War II