LST-75 was laid down on 30 January 1943 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 7 April 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Dorsey W. Brown; and commissioned on 21 June 1943.
During World War II, LST-75 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Nomandy in June 1944. Following the war, LST-75 performed occupation duty in the Far East in November and December 1945 and service in China in July and August 1947. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 22 December 1947, and transferred to the Philippine government on 30 December 1947, serving that government as Cotabato (T-36). She was struck from the Navy list on 22 January 1948 and scrapped in 1964.
LST-75 earned one battle star for World War II service.