LST-74 was laid down on 1 January 1943 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 31 March 1943; sponsored by Mrs. W. F. Satterlee; and commissioned on 15 June 1943.
During World War II, LST-74 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Convoy UGS-36—April 1944
Invasion of southern France—August and September 1944
LST-74 was decommissioned on 21 December 1945 and was struck from the Navy list on 21 January 1946. On 22 September 1947, she was sold to the Southern Shipwrecking Co., of New Orleans, La., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-74 earned two battle stars for World War II service.