LST-73 was laid down on 10 December 1942 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 29 March 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Bertha L. Johnston; and commissioned on 8 June 1943.
During World War II, LST-73 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion from 6 to 25 June 1944. Immediately following the war, she was assigned to occupation duty in the Far East during the fall of 1945. She was decommissioned on 13 July 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 10 June 1947. On 31 March 1948, she was sold to the Kaiser Co., Inc., of Seattle, Wash., for scrapping.
LST-73 earned one battle star for World War II service.