LST-67 was laid down on 7 September 1942 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 28 January 1943; sponsored by Mrs. William H. Lang; and commissioned on 20 April 1943.
During World War II, LST-67 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Eastern New Guinea operation:
(a) Finschhafen occupation—September 1943
(b) Saidor occupation—January 1944 Bismarck
(a) Cape Gloucester, New Britain—December 1943; January 1944
(b) Admiralty Islands landing—March 1944 Hollandia operation—April and May 1944
Western New Guinea operations:
(a) Toem-Wakde-Sarmi area operation—May 1944
(b) Biak Island operation—May and June 1944
(c) Noemfoor Island operation—July 1944
(d) Cape Sansapor operation—July and August 1944
(e) Morotai landings—September 1944
Leyte landings—October and November 1944
(a) Tarakan Island operation—April and May 1945
(b) Balikpapan operation—June and July 1945
Consolidation of the southern Philippines:
(a) Visayan Islands landing—March 1945
LST-67 was decommissioned on 28 March 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 8 May 1946. On 5 December 1947, she was sold to the Ships & Power Equipment Co., of Barber, N.J., for scrapping.
LST-67 earned seven battle stars for World War II service.