Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-65

 

LST-65 was laid down on 14 August 1942 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 7 December 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Elsie Middleton Love; and commissioned in the Royal Navy on 15 March 1943. The tank landing ship never saw active service with the United States Navy. She was returned by the United Kingdom on 5 January 1946, and her name was struck from the Navy list on 20 March 1946. On 4 May 1948, she was sold to the Northern Metals Co., of Philadelphia, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.