Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-64

 

LST-64 was laid down on 13 August 1942 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 8 January 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Frank H. Buening; and commissioned in the Royal Navy on 2 April 1943. The tank landing ship never saw active service with the United States Navy. She was returned by the United Kingdom, seriously damaged and beyond economical repair, in November 1945, and was struck from the Navy list on 5 December 1945. On 3 July 1946, she was sold to Kinaldo de Haag and subsequently scrapped.