LST-58 was laid down on 31 October 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 11 December 1943; sponsored by Mrs. L. H. Crawford; and commissioned on 22 January 1944.
During World War II, LST-58 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion from 6 to 25 June 1944. She was decommissioned on 7 November 1945 and was struck from the Navy list on 28 November 1945. On 30 November 1947, she was sold to the Northern Metals Co., of Philadelphia, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-58 earned one battle star for World War II service.