LST-52 was laid down on 16 September 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 20 October 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Charles W. Crowley; and commissioned on 15 December 1943, Lt. (jg.) Robert H. Freeman, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-52 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion from 6 to 25 June. Immediately following the war, she was assigned to occupation duty in the Far East during the fall of 1945 and January 1946. She was decommissioned on 29 August 1946 and sunk as a target on 19 April 1948. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 30 April 1948.
LST-52 earned one battle star for World War II