A former name retained.
(SP-3250: t. 49; l. 85'; b. 14'; dr. 4'6"; s. 10 k.; cpl. 10; a. none)
Lagoda, a motorboat, was built as Mosquetaire in 1906 by New York Yacht, Launch & Engine Building Co., Morris Heights, N.Y.; subsequently named in turn Jessica, Lady Arden, and Scotian; acquired 20 September 1918 from her owner, N. W. Tilton of New York City; and commissioned 17 November, Ens. W. Nielsen, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the 3d Naval District, Lagoda was used by the District Commissioner, NOTS, in New York Harbor where she operated out of Staten Island Quarantine Station. She decommissioned 15 August 1919; was sold 30 October to Robert J. Bourke, Washington, D.C.; and was turned over to her new owner 20 November.