A former name retained.
(SP-962: l. 44'; b. 10'; dr. 6'6"; s. 9.5 mi.; cpl. 4; a. 1 1-pdr.)
Lady Thorne (SP-962), a motorboat, was built in 1908; acquired by the Navy 22 June 1917 from R. C. Lamb, Elizabeth City, N.C.; placed in service, she joined the Naval Coastal Defense Reserve, Chief Boatswain’s Mate Eugene L. de High, USNRF, in command.
Lady Thorne operated in the 5th Naval District until 1 March 1918 when she was placed out of service and returned to her owner.