Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Lady Doris

 

A former name retained.

 

__________

 

Lady Doris, a motorboat, was built in October 1916 by Reliance Boat Co., New Orleans, La., and owned by H. D. Newman of New Orleans. Although taken over under charter 10 June 1918 by the 8th Naval District, New Orleans, Lady Doris saw no active service. She was returned to her owner 2 October 1918.