An island in the Gulf of Mexico off the southern entrance of Charlotte Harbor in Lee County, Fla.
(YFB-58: t. 190; l. 84'11"; b. 26'2"; dr. 7'3"; a. none)
Lacosta (YFB-58) was built in 1922 by Kyle & Purdy, City Island, N.Y., and owned by the Department of Docks, New York City. She was taken over 11 December 1944 as Fordham by WSA on bareboat charter. Acquired by the Navy 6 January 1945, she was assigned to the 3d Naval District and placed in service as YFB-58. Renamed Lacosta 13 March, she operated in New York Harbor until 11 April 1946. She was placed out of service 3 June and was returned to her former owner 19 June.