Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

L. A. Dempsey

 

A former name retained.

 

(SP-1231: t. 41; l 626; b. 15'10"; dr. 6'6"; s. 7.8 k.; cpl. 8; a. 1 3-pdr.)

 

L. A. Dempsey (SP-1231), formerlyMascot, was built 1890in Philadelphia; acquiredby the Navy 13 September 1917 from Dempsey & Son, Norfolk, Va.; and assigned to the 5th Naval District.L. A. Dempsey operated on section patrol out of Norfolk until decommissioned 11 July 1919. She was returned to her owner the same day.