Former name retained.
(SP-97: t. 34; l. 76', b. 13'; dr. 2'9" ; s. 23 k.; cpl. 8; 1 1-pdr.)
Kuwana II, a motor boat, was built by Elco Launch Co., Bayonne, N.J., in 1911; leased from her owner, Frank E. Masland of Philadelphia; taken over and commissioned 2 June 1917, Chief Quartermaster Schofield, USNRF, in command.
Enrolled in the Naval Coast Defense Reserve 8 June, Kuwana II was assigned to the 4th Naval District as a section patrol ship. She sailed the Delaware Bay and Delaware River from Cape May, N.J., to Wilmington, Del., and guarded the submarine net at Fort Delaware. Based at Cold Spring Harbor, Cape May, she also patrolled coastal waters and served as a dispatch and training ship. Kmvana II was struck from the Navy List and returned to her owner 5 December 1918.