A former name retained.
(t. 677; l.174'; b. 30'; dr. 12'6'')
Kukui (lighthouse tender) was acquired from the Lighthouse Service by an Executive Order of 11 April 1917. She operated out of Pearl Harbor in the 14th Naval District for the entire period she was under naval jurisdiction. Kukui was returned to the Lighthouse Service under an Executive Order of 1 July 1919.