A former name retained.
(YAG-27: dp. 400; l. 93'; b. 28'; dr. 4'2")
Kohi, a wooden diesel-powered coastal scow, was purchased 17 November 1942 by the Navy from the New Zealand Joint Purchasing Board and commissioned the same day at Auckland. Assigned to Task Force 35, South Pacific Service Force, she operated out of Auckland, hauling military cargo to Norfolk Island and to Noumea, New Caledonia. After continuing this important duty for more than a year, she decommissioned at Auckland 3 March 1944. Departing for Wellington, New Zealand, the same day, she was turned over to the Joint Purchasing Board 14 March for return to her former owner.