A town on Kodiak Island, Alaska.
(YF-866 : dp. 160; l. 133'; b. 31'; dr. 9'; s. 10 k.; cpl. 11; cl. YF-852)
YF-866 was laid down by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co., Evansville, Ind., 4 April 1945; launched 26 October and placed in service May 1946. She operated for 1 year in the 15th Naval District and was placed out of service during May 1947.
After 18 years in the Pacific Reserve Fleet, 7F-866 was named Kodiak 21 April 1965; and placed in service for operations in the 14th Naval District. At present she performs harbor duties in the Hawaiian Islands.