A former name retained.
(SP-219: t. 32; l. 64'10"; b. 13'; dr. 4'6"; 10 k.; a. none)
Killarney (SP-219), a motor yacht, was built by Defoe Boat Works, Bay City, Mich., in 1910; purchased 30 April 1917 from her owner, James H. McGillan, of Green Bay, Wis., and commissioned 12 June, Ens. James H. McGillan, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the Naval District at Great Lakes, 111., Killarney served as a section patrol ship on the St. Mary's River in the Straits of Mackinac during the summer and fall of 1917. She wintered in Detroit and continued her duties on Lake St. Clair and the Detroit and St. Clair Rivers, where she patrolled channels and regulated traffic. Killarney was transferred 3 March 1919 to the Naval Training Camp at Detroit and declared inactive 12 August. Struck from the Navy List 3 November, Killarney was sold 18 December to John J. Kiley of Detroit