An Indian chief of the Mingo band noted as an orator and advocate of peace between the French and English during the French and Indian War.
(YT-463: dp. 206; l. 102'2"; b. 241; dr. 12'4"; s. 12 k.; a. 2.50cal. mg.)
Kiasutha (YT-463) was built in 1943 by Gulfport Boiler & Welding Works, Port Arthur, Tex., and placed in service 13 September 1943. Assigned to the Pacific, she departed New Orleans 3 October and sailed via the Panama Canal for Espiritu Santo, New Hebrides, to join Service Squadron, South Pacific Force. Reclassified as YTB-463 on 15 May 1944, she conducted tug and salvage operations out of Espiritu Santo until she reported to the Commander, Pacific Forward area 12 May 1945. She continued to operate in the Pacific until she was placed out of service at Pearl Harbor 1 May 1947. Towed by PCE-844, Kiasutha arrived San Diego 23 September and was transferred to the Panama Canal Zone 15 November. Departing San Diego 20 November, she arrived Panama Canal under tow 11 December. Her name was struck from the Naval Register 5 December. She was subsequently transferred to the Panama Canal Corp.