A former name retained.
(Str: dp. 3,106; l. 378'; b. 52'4"; dr. 22'6"; s. 9 k.; cpl. 67; a. 13")
Kermoor, a cargo ship, was built in 1907 by J. L. Thompson & Sons, Ltd., Sunderland, England; taken over by the Army 14 March 1918 from her owner, Kerr Navigation Corp., New York; and acquired and commissioned by the Navy 1 November at Cardiff, Wales, Lt. Comdr. T. Cart-wright, USNRF, in command.
Operated by the Navy under Army account, Kermoor served out of Cardiff, carrying coal and military supplies between British and French ports. Detached from channel service 1 March 1919, she sailed for Queenstown, Ireland, 6 March for the United States with a cargo of military stores. Reaching Baltimore, Md., 27 March, she continued to New York 21 April. She arrived 23 April and discharged her cargo. Kermoor decommissioned 5 May and was returned to her owner by the USSB the same day.