A former name retained.
(Str. dp. 4,948; l. 390'; b. 52'6"; dr. 26'7"; s. 9.5 k.; cpl. 84; a. 14", 16-pdr.)
Kermanshah, a cargo ship, was built in 1910 by Northumberland Shipbuilding Co., Newcastle, England; taken over by the Navy from her owner, Kerr Navigation Corp., New York, 1 August 1918; and commissioned at New York 3 August, Lt. Comdr. S. W. Hickey, USNRF, in command.
Kermanshah departed New York 17 August in convoy for Bordeaux, France, with a cargo of general Army supplies. Arriving 3 September she returned to New York 24 September. Departing once again for Bordeaux 12 October, she made two more trips between New York and French ports. Subsequently, she arrived New York 13 February 1919 from Nantes, France, with a cargo of munitions. Kermanshah decommissioned 5 March and was turned over to the USSB for return to her owner the same day.