Kenneth L. McNeal
A former name retained.
(SP-333: t. 331; l. 160'; b. 24'; dr. 12'; s. 11 k.; cpl. 24; a. 1 3")
Kenneth L. McNeal, a fishing boat, was built by M. M. Davis of Solomon's Island, Md., in 1913; sold to the Government by her owner, McNeal Dodson Co., Inc., of Readville, Va., 31 May 1917; delivered to the Navy 14 June at Norfolk; and commissioned 10 August, Lt. (j.g.) C. B. Byrne in command.
Fitting out as a minesweeper, Kenneth L. McNeal departed Norfolk 17 August for Boston. On the 26th she sailed from Boston for Brest, France, where she arrived 9 September and commenced minesweeping patrols and coastal escorts along the Brittany coast from Vannes to St. Brieuc. Damaged while operating out of Brest on patrol in February 1919, she was offered for sale 11 May. Kenneth L. McNeal decommissioned at Brest 8 September and was sold to Union d'Entreprisen Marocaine of Casablanca, French Morocco.