A town in Cobb County in northwest central Georgia, 22 miles northwest of Atlanta, nearby where Union forces under General W. T. Sherman defeated Confederate troops under General Joseph Johnston defending Atlanta in the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain late in June 1864.
(YTB-255: dp. 415; l. 110'; b. 27'; dr. 11'4"; s. 12 k.; a. 2.50 cal. mg.)
Kennesaw was laid down as YT-255; reclassified YTB-255 on 15 May 1944; and launched 30 September 1944 by William F. Stone & Sons., Oakland, Calif.; sponsored by Mrs. Mary Ehrhorn; and assigned to the 11th Naval District. She operated there as a service craft until struck from the Navy List 1 February 1960