A former name retained.
(Sen: l. 55'; b. 16'; 4'6"; cpl. 3; a. none)
Julia Hamilton, a wooden schooner, was acquired by the Navy from the Maryland Conservation Commission and enrolled in the Naval Coast Defense Reserve 17 August 1917. Assigned to the 5th Naval District, she served in Cheasapeake Bay out of Norfolk, Va. She was returned to her owner 28 March 1918.