Former names retained.
(SP-1243: t. 32; l. 82'; b. 12'10"; dr. 4'6"; s. 12 k.; a. 1 3-pdr., 1 1-pdr.)
The second Josephine (SP-1243), a motor yacht, was built in 1905 by Peter Grutti Shipyards, New Orleans, and acquired by the Navy from her owners, Lee H. Tate, et al, of St. Louis, 27 October 1917 at New Orleans. She commissioned 5 November 1917, Ens. J. S. Waterman, Jr., USNRF, in command.
Attached to the 8th Naval District, Josephine patrolled the southwest pass of the Mississippi River and the Gulf of Mexico, based at Burrwood, La. She decommissioned 6 December 1918 and was returned to her owners.