Former names retained.
(SP-913:l. 60'; b. 13'6"; dr. 3'3"; a. 13-pdr., 1 mg.)
The first Josephine (SP-913), a motor boat, was built in 1916 by New York Yacht, Launch, & Engine Co., Morris Heights, N.Y., and acquired from her owner, L. A. Lehmaier, 9 August 1917. She commissioned 20 September 1917 at Brooklyn Navy Yard, Boatswain J. D. Cremin, USNRF, in command.
Josephine was attached to the 3d Naval District and performed patrol duty in the New York area, including Long Island Sound. She was returned to her owner 20 December 1918.