A former name retained.
(SP-878: t. 32; l. 65': b. 14'; dr. 4'; s. 10 k.; a. 1 3-pdr.; 1 1-pdr.)
Jimetta (SP-878), formerly Frances II, a motor yacht, was built in 1915 by New York Yacht, Launch, & Engine Co., and acquired by the Navy 16 July 1917 from her owner, Clement Studebaker, Jr., of South Bend, Ind. She commissioned at the New York Navy Yard 11 September 1917, Chief Boatswain's Mate H. A. Holland, USNRF, in command.
Jimetta, was assigned to the 3d Naval District, and performed patrol and dispatch work in Long Island Sound during her naval service. She decommissioned and was returned to her owner 11 December 1918.