Former name retained.
(Sp-438: t. 57; l. 90'3"; b. 14'; dr. 5'; s. 13 k.)
The second Jessamine (Sp-438), a yacht, was built in 1907 by J. M. Bayles & Son, Port Jefferson, N.Y., and purchased by the Navy from her owner, S. O. Richardson, of Toledo, Ohio, in June 1917. She commissioned 19 June 1917, Ens. C. H. Hull, USNRF, in command.
Jessamine was based at Detroit during her naval service. She patrolled the St. Clair River, Lake St. Clair, and Detroit harbor, guarding channels and regulating traffic. She was transferred to the Coast Guard 2 December 1919.