Former name retained.
(Tender: dp. 257; l. 156'; b. 24'; dr. 7'3"; cpl. 22)
The first Jessamine, an iron lighthouse tender, entered the service 24 September 1881 and came under Naval jurisdiction with the entire Lighthouse Service 11 April 1917, R. A. Brooks, Master. Throughout the war she continued her regular duties servicing lighthouses and navigational aids of other types out of her home port of Baltimore. She was returned to the Commerce Department 1 July 1919.