Former name retained.
(Str: t. 4,384; l. 423'9"; b. 54'; dr. 24'2"; s. 10 k.; cpl. 32; a. 1 6", 1 6-pdr.)
Jeannette Skinner, a cargo ship, was launched in 1917 by Skinner & Eddy Corp., Seattle, Wash.; taken over by the Navy from the USSB; and commissioned 12 April 1918. Lt. Comdr. C. A. Nickerson, USNRF, in command.
Jeannette Skinner was assigned to NOTS to transport cargo from the United States to France. After loading general supplies, she departed New York 3 May and arrived Brest, France 2 weeks later. After four round-trip cruises to replenish supplies in war-depleted Europe, Jeannette Skinner arrived Baltimore 2 June 1919. She decommissioned 10 June and was returned to the USSB for return to her owners.