A former name retained.
(ScStr: t. 139; l. 102'; b. 22'8"; dph. 6'2"; a. none)
Jean Sands was built at Brooklyn, N.Y., in 1863 and was purchased by the Navy at New York from T. F. Rowland 18 October 1864. She was stationed at the Norfolk Navy Yard where she served as a tug and salvage vessel. She was sold 16 May 1892.