A river in Virginia.
(LSMR-510: dp. 790; l. 206'3"; b. 34'6"; dr. 7'2"; s. 13 k.; cpl. 138; a. 1 5", 4 40mm., 8 20mm., 4 4.2" m., 10 rkt.; cl. LSMR-401)
LSMR-510 was laid down by Brown Shipbuilding Co., Houston, Tex., 7 April 1945; launched 5 May 1945; and commissioned 1 July 1945, Lt. Werner E. Cederberg in command.
Departing Galveston, Tex., 10 July, LSMR-510 steamed to Charleston, S.C., where she arrived 15 July. From 3 to 5 August she sailed to Little Creek, Va., for training in Chesapeake Bay and along the Virginia coast. Assigned to LSMR Squadron 4, she departed Little Creek 4 October for the Great Lakes. Steaming via the St. Lawrence River, she arrived Rochester, N.Y., 16 October, and for the next few weeks cruised to Detroit, Mich., and Milwaukee, Wis. She departed Milwaukee 29 October and returned to Little Creek 15 November.
During the next 2 months. LSMR-510 continued training and readiness operations out of Little Creek. She departed 29 January 1946 for squadron exercises in the Caribbean; and, after reaching San Juan, P.R., 3 February, she operated off Culebra Island. Between 12 and 14 February she sailed to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, where she participated in tactical exercises. Departing 15 March for the United States, she touched at Bermuda 19 March and reached Little Creek the 24th.
Following duty out of Norfolk and Baltimore, LSMR-510 departed Little Creek for -the West Coast 18 October. Steaming via Corpus Christ!, Tex., and the Panama Canal, she arrived San Diego 20 November. Assigned to LSMR Squadron 3, she operated out of San Diego; decommissioned there 5 February 1947; and entered the Pacific Reserve Fleet. While berthed at San Diego, she was named James River 1 October 1955. Her name was struck from the Navy List 1 February 1960, and she was sold to Miami Terminal Transport Co. of New York City 12 April 1961.