A former name retained.
(SP-803; t. 58; l. 99'9"; b. 16'7"; dr. 4'9"; s. 10 k.; cpl. 10; a. 1 6-pdr., 11-pdr., 2 mg.)
Itasca II (SP-803), a motor boat, was built by Hudson Yacht & Boat Building Co., Nyack, N.Y., in 1911; acquired by the Navy 29 May 1918 under free lease agreement; and commissioned 13 July.
Assigned to the 3d Naval District, Itasca II operated out of New York on section and harbor patrol for the next 8 months. The motor boat decommissioned.6 February 1919 and was returned to her owner, E. B. Hawkins, Duluth, Minn.