A former name retained. (SP-388; t. 1; l. 55'; b. 8'; dr. 2'2"; s. 19 k.; cpl. 5)
Ionita ('SP-388), a motor yacht, was built by Church Boat Works, Trenton, Mich., in 1914; acquired by the Navy from her owner, R. A. Newman of Detroit 16 August 1917; and commissioned 23 September 1917, William W. Ford, USNRF, in command.
Ionita was assigned to the 9th Naval District as a section patrol craft and spent the war on patrol in the Detroit River. After the Armistice, she was transferred to the Naval Training Camp, Detroit, and was later sold to William Thewes, Cleveland, Ohio, 20 November 1919.