The first Iona retained her Spanish name. The 'Second was named after the first.
(YTB-220: dp. 415; l. 110'; b. 28'; dr. 13'; s. 12 k.)
The second Iona (YTB-220), a wooden tug originally classified YT-220, was launched by Greenport Basin & Construction Co., Greenport, N.Y., 26 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Martina E. 'Swanson; and placed in service 2 February 1945.
The new tug was assigned harbor duty in the 14th Naval District based at Pearl Harbor, and she remained there until transferred to the Philippine Islands in 1955. At Subic Bay Iona performed harbor duties so necessary for the smooth functioning of a great naval base and was reclassified YTM-220 in February 1962. In June, 1963, following accidental sinking in May, she was disposed of by burning.