Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Inglis

 

A British name.

 

(DE-125: dp. 1,140; l. 289'5"; b. 35'1"; dr. 8'3"; s. 21 k.; cpl. 156; a. 3 3", 4 1.1", 9 20mm., 2 dct, 8 dcp., 1 dcp. (h.h.); cl. Evarts)

 

Inglis (DE-525) was launched 2 November 1943 by Boston Navy Yard, Boston, Mass., accepted and transferred to Great Britain under Lend-Lease 12 January 1944. This and other Evarts-class DE's formed the Captain class in the Royal Navy and played a vital part in Allied antisubmarine operations n the Atlantic. Inglis was returned to the Navy 20 March 1946. She was sold to C. B. Baldridge, Bay, Ohio, in September 1947 and subsequently scrapped.