Former names retained.
(Str: 1.120; l.114'; b. 18'; dr. 7'; a. 11-pdr.)
Inca, a screw steamer, was built in 1898 by George Lawley & Son, South Boston, Mass., and was acquired by the Navy from F. B. McQuesten of Boston 13 June 1898. She commissioned 15 June, Lt. W. E. McKay in command.
Inca, was assigned to Boston harbor during the Spanish-American War, serving as a patrol and training vessel. She decommissioned 27 August 1898, and was turned over to the Massachusetts Militia, which she served until 1908.