A well-known plant of the lily family having spikes of bell-shaped flowers
(ScStr.: t. 738; l. 165'0"; b. 28'0"; dr. 11'6"; 8. 11 k.; cpl. 25)
The second Hyacinth was a lighthouse tender launched for the U.S. Lighthouse Service 26 July 1902. She was transferred to the Navy with the entire Lighthouse Service by Executive order 11 April 1917. Throughout the war she continued to perform her former duties servicing lighthouses and other navigational aids in the Great Lake's. She was returned to the custody of the Department of Commerce 1 July 1919.